Thursday, October 30, 2008

The temple

So I went to the temple today for the first time in my college career today. It was a great experience, but I felt kinda dumb cause I have never been to any temple besides the Monticello for an extended amount of time, let alone for baptisms. I was pretty confused because the layout was completely different from what I'm used to. For those of you who know me, you know I'm not the best with directions, so I was a bit disoriented in this new place.I even tried to go in the ladies locker room(not on purpose of course, I was just following a girl that came with the group). I also had some interesting experiences in baptism and confirmation. Such as: I was confirmed for a Pope( His last name was Pope, tricked ya, didn't I?) I also learned they like to do things a lot faster here in Provo than I'm used to(which is a good thing, or else I'd have been there a heck of a lot longer). They were poppin kids in and out of the water faster than I've ever seen! Overall, it was a fantastic way to start out the morning, and I hope that added spirituality shows on my Book of Mormon test, which I took immediately following my adventures. Cross your fingers!

No comments: