Tuesday, June 9, 2009

chronicle of my first date- March 2006

My first date was actually in the works from February, which may sound strange, but the mystery will soon be revealed.

I must partially accredit my first date to a Mexican man named Charles Abejo. He basically set it up for me in a Mexican restaurant called Fiesta Mexicana in Cortez. You see, I was there with my spanish class for a fiel trip my sophomore year, right after my sixteenth birthday. When I went to pay for my meal, I strategically placed myself behind a beautiful young lady named Mandy Bradford to enjoy the view. Charles was standing in front of us and apparantly noticed my interest. He said something like, "Oh, are you two dating?" After I assured him that we were not, he made Mandy promise that she would go on a date with me. After she swore her life away to him, he allowed us to pay for our food and leave, followed by a date almost a month later to Ice Age, The Meltdown. And so, this post is to you Charles... Thanks for setting up my first date.

This date was followed by about 50 more in my high school career, including my marathon of 30 dates in 30 days, with 23 different girls the summer of my 16th year. So thanks to all the girls who participated in that as well.

No comments: